I wonder how long it will be before somebody offers an online qualification in Facebook? There seems to be a great deal of tweaking and trickery to learn, and as FB continues to evolve, so that learning curve becomes never-ending.
I have brought together here quite a few of the bits of news, tips and tricks for FB page admins (or others responsible for their pages) that I’ve come across lately. If you’d like to add your own tips then please do – just leave a comment.
- Change your page’s vanity url: find out how to do this (and it’s apparently a once-in-a-lifetime offer) from All Facebook.
- Schedule your posts for times when your audience is listening: more details from All Facebook.
- Who has viewed posts on your Facebook group: details from (as ever) All Facebook.
- Events: FB users can now view forthcoming events in the form of a calendar. Although this seems to relate only to their own profiles, I wonder whether this is something page admins will be able to choose in the future? Worth knowing about, so read about it on Mashable. And here are some more details about exporting events in All Facebook.
- Optimise your page to increase its reach: read the summary of Buddy Media’s advice in All Facebook.
- Mobile: FB Insights is now encorporating mobile data – read about all the changes in All Facebook. Facebook has also increased the security for people logging in via mobile devices, according to All Facebook.
- Advertising: how effective can a $5 stake be? find out in All Facebook.
- Marketing: a general round up of FB marketing tips and resources can be found on Mashable. You’ll also be interested in FB’s own marketing advice, which comes to us via All Facebook.
- Engagement: how replying to comments on your page generates more engagement, thanks to the Non Profit Facebook Guy. Some more tips about what’s most shareable on your page come to us thanks to Frogloop. Worried your page is just not popular? Find out what you might be doing wrong, on All Facebook. On the other hand, here’s a cautionary note about not getting carried away with the significance of ‘passive Likes’ from Frogloop. You’ll also want these tips about identifying your audiences on Facebook, thanks to All Facebook.
- Photos: If you are concerned about FB automatically identifying people in your photos, then read about how to turn off this feature to some extent in All Facebook.
- Linking to your website: make sure your Facebook page is driving traffic to your main website with this advice from Mashable.
- Notifcations: very detailed advice about fine-tuning your notifications from All Facebook.
And for some general advice about what type of things you could be posting, check out this list of six suggestions (including posting photos, hosting competitions and asking questions) from Mashable. For an alternative six suggestions (including asking for actions, treating your fans like VIPs and being more human), visit All Facebook.