As the mightiest of the social networks, it’s probably not surprising that there is a seemingly unending supply of tips, tricks, news, guides and stats out there on the blogosphere about Facebook. Here are this week’s collection:
- The Non Profit Facebook Guy gives us a video tutorial about adding custom forms to your page.
- Trending videos are also now showing up in the news feed, according to All Facebook.
- Mashable breaks the news that FB is now allowing posts to be scheduled in advance, and page admins to be given different roles.
- On the other hand, Mashable then goes on to point out 5 things they got wrong with how you schedule posts!
- A video about managing your page admins (following the creation of 5 ‘flavours’ of admin) is available from the Non Profit Facebook Guy
- All Facebook tells us that FB is adding the option for sponsored stories to appear in the news feed on mobile devices, as well as in the traditional desktop.
- The Non Profit Facebook Guy gives some very clear instructions about how to promote a post on your Timeline, and what this means exactly for how it will show up in the news feeds of followers.
- All Facebook tells us exactly how ‘promoted posts’ work and what you need to do (and pay) to use this new feature.
- Yet another take on the promoted post is available from Mashable, which provides a walk through showing how to activate this feature.
- You might also be interested in the 150 FB campaigns that Wise Metrics have collated (thanks to All Facebook for the link to this resource). While these are commercial outfits, they may still be a good source for inspiration.
Stats, news and demographics
- If you have an idea about how you can use Facebook to promote human rights, then take part in the Access Facebook Award. Find out more from Mashable.
- Some excellent advice is available on using the Timeline to market your charity, thanks to Shabbir J. Imber Safdar, writing in Frogloop.
- There’s still time to cast your vote on Facebook privacy before the 8 June deadline. For a very detailed breakdown of the issues under consideration, check out All Facebook
- If you’re an iPhone user, then closer integration with Facebook may be just around the corner, if All Facebook is to be believed.
- All Facebookreports on some negative figures for Facebook use and engagement, perhaps due to a declining interest in the social networking behemoth.
- All Facebook has some good tips about boosting engagement, based on a recent study of 200 big brands.
- Are you a FB power user? You can find out by consulting the infographic that Mashable have found for you.
- An insight into the marketing trends noticeable on Facebook at the moment is given to us by Mashable… some good tips here.
- Referrals to FB from both Google and Bing are down, according to All Facebook. This could be potentially bad news for the social network.
- Further doom is provided by Mashable, with its report of Facebook’s immenient demise. Glad we’re putting in so much effort, then!
Hope all that’s helpful, folks.