It’s easy to think that perhaps everyone else’s Facebook pages are just cooler and more popular than yours. Despite all the updating, photo posting, liking of other pages and general time spent sometimes your own page just seems to languish in the ‘billy no mates’ category.
Would it surprise you to learn, then, that a whopping 56% of all FB pages have fewer than 256 fans? So if you’re page has not been flourishing, then you are not alone.
These stats and more come from a study of 1.7m pages, and have been summarised in a nice infographic by Recommend.ly, and published on All Facebook. Other interesting factoids here are that:
- 31% of pages have fewer than 32 fans
- Pages associated with musicians or actors are most popular
- 82% of pages don’t post more than 5 updates a month, but pages penned by politicians update the most
And if you want some ideas for getting your page out of the doldrums, then try these:
- Mashable suggests that using photos on your page helps to boost engagement: Facebook Photos: The Key to a Successful Social Media Campaign
- Get into your visitors heads a bit more with this article from All Facebook: Brands, Maintain A Facebook Page, But Don’t Bother Me
- Finally, All Facebook has done all the hard thinking for you in putting together your strategy for your FB page: The Timeline Checklist All Facebook Pages Must Have